CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anyone for Grilled Cheese???

So cooking is not my strongest talent. I have gotten better over the years, but there are still things (seemingly really easy to make things) that I should know how to make, but don't. I grew up eating grilled cheese sandwiches. My mom would make them, I would eat them, that was it. Well, a few months ago, Chris said he wanted me to make him a grilled cheese sandwich. I told him I wasn't quite sure how to make it, but if he told me how, I would give it a shot. So, here is my first attempt...


Yes, the picture says it all.



A few days later I tried again. And this is what I got...


Now, I have made grilled cheese at least 5 or 6 times and I am perfecting the entree! So, if you ever find yourself in Missouri and hungry for a grilled cheese, I'm your lady!!! :)

7 comments:

Paula and Eddie said...

True story that I had never made a (real) grilled cheese sandwich before I got married. Now it has become a regular, but my husband had to teach me initially. And I still sometimes get distracted and end up with your first picture on occasion. That looks like one mighty tasty sandwich...you done good girl!

Kristin said...

Oh Erin. :) You are so cute. I think everybody probably has a "I forgot I was cooking something and burned the crap out of it" story. I'll gladly eat your grilled cheese someday...

Katie said...

MMMMMMM. I want grilled cheese.

Anonymous said...

I think your grill cheese look good. Now I want a grill cheese.

Jane said...

Hi Erin! I think your sandwich (the second one of course) looks fantastic. I am thinking grilled cheese for lunch tomorrow. I hope you guys are doing great!!

Cathy Leavitt said...

Perfected grilled cheese sandwiches. Wow...I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good cookin'.

Thomas said...

Yumm!
Hey Erin, What's Todd's Email Address I want to see his blog. Thanks

thomasleavitt@gmail.com