A long while back I had mentioned to Chris that I wanted a rocking chair someday. Well, he loves to challenge himself when it comes to woodworking projects, so he decided to take on the task... Here are some pictures of his beautiful work!
It started as just long blocks of wood (he had already cut the wood when i took this, i forgot to take a picture of them long and skinny).
Then he glued them together and used a sander to make the seat...
Added front legs...
And then the back legs...
.JPG)
.JPG)
Put on the arm rests...
Then came the head rest and back slats...
Then the rockers...
Then the FINAL PRODUCT!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!
I can't wait until our little girl gets here and I can rock her in the chair made with love by her father! What an amazing heirloom! I am so proud of Chris and his talent in woodworking! I love you Chris and thank you for all the time you put into this amazing gift! You truly are talented and thoughtful!
5 comments:
Wow!!! That's amazing!!! Good job, Chris! And believe me, you'll need it to rock your sweet girl!! Love ya!
Oh, WOW. It's even better than I imagined. It's perfect!!
Chris makes incredible heirlooms AND he is number one in his division. Way to pick 'em Erin!
That chair looks amazing! Chris is sure one talented guy with woodworking! You'll have to let us know just how good it is in the many nights you'll be using it to rock your princess!
Your hubby rocks!! Ha ha no pun intended :)
It is so touching the way Chris puts his heart into doing such meaningful things for you. He actually has many better than average gifts, abilities, and talents (Not the least of which is his work with automotives ~ handy!). I think most men wait until they're old and retired to use their hidden talents for thoughtful purposes. What a work of love!
Post a Comment