CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our House Is Becoming A Home!

About 8 months ago Chris and I bought our first house!













Slowly we have been putting up decorations and making it look a little bit more like a home. We bought couches for our living room, but we could not find any pictures for the living room wall that we liked enough to spend a whole lot of money on. Finally, today we were at Hobby Lobby and found pictures that were PERFECT for our living room! We put them up, and now our living room is just the way I was hoping it would be! It is warm and cozy! Here are some pictures of it!


















This is the hope chest that Chris made me when he proposed to me. It looks so nice in the room! I am glad we finally found a great spot to put it! It is the most precious memory I own!










Now onto the guest bathroom... I'll keep you posted on the progress :)

7 comments:

Daneille said...

You have the prettiest house ever! I'm so proud of you guys for buying it, decorating it so well on a shoestring budget, and keeping it and your "park" so nice looking. You also picked a wonderful little town and neighborhood to live in. I miss you and want to see more pictures of your family so post more pics of you, Chris, and Bauer. Love ya,
Mom

Katie said...

Thank you for posting these! (And good call keeping Bauer out of the shots this time..)

I love your house! You have such great taste - It has a very a clean, welcoming look. And you're right - The pictures are perfect!

I can't wait to see everything in person!

Kristin said...

SO CUTE! I totally love your curtains. I want to come out so bad. If you have other rooms to finish, wait for me to come help you shop! I can't wait to decorate a house. :)

James and Patrice said...

Yay! Everything looks great. And I'm just curious-Did you keep the IRELAND above the door or no?

Chris and Erin said...

Patrice- Yes, the Ireland is still above the door... It actually looks a lot better since we got couch cushions that have gold on them too.

Jen said...

Hey Erin! You look great!! I found your blog because I found Paula's blog because I found her mom's blog. Long story short, here we all are together again! Remember when we were little girls in primary together? And swimming parties at your house.. man, those were the days!! Anyway, I hope we keep in touch! I can't wait to see more on your blog -- your house is beautiful! Anyway, hope to talk to you soon!

Paula and Eddie said...

Ok...sorry, but my computer died. I sent you a text but not sure if you got it. I was able to read blogs on my phone but commenting was a nightmare, so I am finally getting back to you. We're having another girl (see post in December "Guess I'm Really Lucky". Cute house, by the way...totally jealous, but I'm sure I'll get a home soon but just not yet! Love Ya! -Paula